antioxidants, apples, barnes and noble, blueberries, chobani, ginger dressing, Mighty Maple, mocha, mocktail, Nature's Path, oatmeal, pineapple, pineapple yogurt, POM Wonderful, pomegranate juice, spring rolls, strawberries, Sushi
That’s right, my secret ingredient in yesterday’s green monster SIAB was… POM Wonderful 100% pomegranate juice.
When POM Wonderful offered to send me some free samples of this fantastic product (thank you Ryan!), I jumped at the chance!! I knew that pomegranate juice had great benefits and was super good for you but I had no idea the extent of it’s benefits. Thanks to the information that was graciously enclosed with the pomegranate juice, I learned that…
- POM Wonderful is the only brand guaranteed to contain 100% authentic pomegranate juice that is straight from their pomegranate orchards in California
- The juice is all-natural and contains no added sugars, preservatives, colors, or cheap filler juices
- Some cultures believed that pomegranates held profound and mystical healing powers
- Pomegranate juice has excellent health benefits, including cardiovascular and prostate health
- Pomegranate juice is a superior source of antioxidants and has more than red wine, grape juice, blueberry juice, cranberry juice, and green tea
I tried the juice first alone and I was pleasantly surprised!! I expected it to be pretty tart and potent but it was actually sweet, with a hint of tartness, that almost reminded me of grape juice… but better. I added it to the green monster and it was amazing. Seriously. It added this incredible flavor that went especially well with the strawberries. Their website also features several recipes, including savory recipes, that I am dying to try!! I also love how many health benefits it has… adding it to green monsters and other smoothies adds even more health benefits and antioxidants to a very healthy dish. I encourage you to pick up a bottle of this juice and try it out!! Have you tried POM Wonderful?!
It has been a very laid back but great day here… and very productive!! I got a good upper body and core workout in, got some statistics homework done, wrote a short paper, and studied my behind off for a test that I have on Tuesday (which I am hoping will be canceled due to snow we are supposed to get… here’s hoping!). I then enjoyed a incredible sushi dinner with my parents and spent the rest of the evening browsing at Barnes and Noble with a delicious mocha in hand (one of my favorite things to do). How was your Saturday?
I started off my day with a bowl of old-fashioned oats. I had an extremely ripe banana that was just begging to be made into oats… so I happily conceded 🙂
This super creamy bowl of oats had 1/2 cup oats, 1/2 cup milk, 1/2 cup water, cinnamon, 1/2 banana, pinch of salt, blueberries, and peanut butter.
Yum… so darn good. I can’t believe that I went 20 years without oats in my life… I only started eating oats about half a year ago. Do you eat oats?
Lunch was very… summery 😀 I bought some Chobani Pineapple yogurt last week (the BEST) and I’ve been dreaming up this dish since. And when I found some super ripe strawberries the other day, I knew what I had to do.
I combined the yogurt, strawberries, pineapple, and Nature’s Path Mighty Maple.
The strawberries were incredible… the best strawberries that I’ve had since last strawberry season.
And the yogurt went amazingly with the Mighty Maple. Holy Cow. And this was about the last of the Mighty Maple (only 1/3 cup or so left in the bag). 😦 This saddens me. I am going to have to make a trip to Whole Foods just for this cereal… it’s THAT good.
I also had a POM Wonderful mocktail with my lunch. I combined the rest of this drink…
with POM juice to create a delicious drink 🙂
I had an un-pictured apple for an afternoon snack.
And then… sushi!!!! I loooooove sushi. Seriously. Do you?
I started with a salad with ginger dressing. This dressing is house made and it is incredible. The lettuce is just a vehicle for the dressing hehe
We also had some spring rolls with a dipping sauce… I had one of the little triangles. There were 2 rolls, cut in half, but my parents dug in before the photo.
And then my roll – the best sushi roll EVER. I can’t remember what i t’s called, it’s unique to the restaurant, but the combination is out of this world. It has tempura shrimp in the middle of the roll (along with some other ingredients) and it’s topped with salmon and avocado with a wasabi sauce drizzled around the plate. Holy crap. It’s so freaking good. It’s kinda got this sweet/savory thing going on and with the crunchiness of the shrimp… total YUM. No, not the healthiest roll ever but whatev. Sometimes you have to live a little right?
(my apologies for the poor quality pictures… it was very dark)
What is your favorite sushi roll?
I also had a small nonfat mocha while browsing at B&N, which I haven’t had in forever. Twas yummy. Also, I prepared a dessert for tomorrow night’s family dinner and I had a few nibbles (quality control 😉 )… more about that tomorrow!!
Today I am thankful for…
- The amazing people in the blogging world that inspire me and keep me going. Seriously. I don’t think I could’ve gotten through this injury without you all… every little encouraging comment means the world to me.
- That I live in a place where I don’t have to worry about earthquakes and tsunamis. (Thoughts and prayers are with those in Chile)
- I found a running buddy!! One of the guys I work with is a new friend of mine and we were talking yesterday about trail running. I’ve wanted to try trail running for a while but couldn’t because I didn’t have anyone to run with. He’s started to run and he wants to try it so when I CAN run again, we’re going to try some trail running! Yay!!!
And now I am off to watch Iron Chef America… the secret ingredient is pizza dough! How cool!! Have a nice night loves!
"Life is what we make it. Always has been, always will be."
– Grandma Moses