chicken paramesan, Dark Chocolate, Dark Chocolate Dreams, frozen yogurt, giveaway, greek yogurt, injury, oh she glows, organic, PB & Co., protein powder, publix, quorn, Steadman-Hawkins, stress fracture, trader joe's, Vita top, white chocolate wonderful, yoatgurt
How was everyone’s Tuesday? We’re almost half-way through the week!!!
Wondering about the title of this post? Let me explain. My dad, a fast-food loving, Coke drinking, steak eating man, came home tonight and proclaimed as soon as he walked in the door “I’m not eating anymore crap.” To explain, he owns his own produce shipping/selling business and is currently experimenting with growing organic produce in greenhouses. Anywho, he said a man stopped by this afternoon where he was selling and told him this long story about how he has completely changed his diet of late and is just eating organic produce and meat. He told me dad all about the chemicals and whatnot in regular produce and meat and how much his health has improved since making the switch, cut out fast-food, started eating healthier in general, etc.. And he somehow convinced my dad of what I’ve been trying to tell him for years. So my dad says that he is done with fast-food and is going to try to get on the road to health. Woohoo! I was so proud of him!! Isn’t it the best when someone you care about decides to make improvements in their health?!
Anyways, in other news, I’m going to the Steadman Hawkins clinic that I told you guys about tomorrow. Thankfully, we called Monday and they were able to fit me in very soon. The doctor that I’m seeing is supposed to be really good; in fact, I looked him up online. He went to very prestigious medical schools and seems to be highly qualified so I am hoping for the best! I will let you all know how it goes!
Also, if you read Oh She Glows, you probably saw this link that Angela included in one of her blog posts today entitled 21 Ways to Overcome Disappointment. I encourage you to check it out because it includes some really fantastic words and sayings that are very encouraging! Some of my favorites were:
- “We would never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world,” wrote Helen Keller.
- Albert Einstein failed his college entrance exam. Walt Disney was fired from his first media job. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school basketball team. Get it?
- Allow your disappointment to form a life-affirming pearl, just as an oyster does when an irritating grain of sand gets inside its shell. Just be sure to grab the pearl before the sand gets in your eyes.
- Only in struggling to emerge from a small hole in the cocoon does a butterfly form wings strong enough to fly. Should you try to help a butterfly by tearing open the cocoon, the poor thing won’t sprout wings, or if it does, its friends will make fun of it. So take your time, and emerge slowly and deliberately.
- Don’t scream at yourself. Speak to yourself with loving kindness, the same way you would to a friend who was just dealt a big, fat, unfair blow. You deserve kindness from everyone, including yourself.
- Newspaper columnist Ann Landers once wrote, “Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me." So give yourself permission to be a giant!
- And my favorite: Early in her career, Oprah Winfrey was taken off the air in Baltimore, where she’d been given a shot at a talk show. Says Oprah: “I have learned that failure is really God’s way of saying, ‘Excuse me, you’re moving in the wrong direction’.”
Ok, so I liked a lot of them!! They really gave me a little boost of encouragement and hope this morning when I really needed it. I hope you find them inspiring as well!! I know I wrote about how I had a bad day yesterday and I do NOT want this blog to be negative, I want it to be a positive place. But I had another one of those days today because I was in a lot of pain and I got to thinking about how my birthday is going to be SO much different this year than most years. It’s my first birthday without my ex-boyfriend, I’m on crutches, I can’t work, I can’t go to school… and well I worked myself into a little pity party did not help matters. Yet, it happened. But it’s over. Pity party, done. No, it may not be ideal. But I will still have fun. I have my family, my friends, my God, and I do NOT need a man to make me complete. It is what it is. Yeah, I will probably have better birthdays in the future but you have to make the most of the present. So I will live in the present. And the key word there is LIVE. My life is not on hold, it is just different for the time being. So I’m also saying that I’m taking “no more crap” from myself. I have kicked my worrying habit, now I just have to work on this…
OK, pep talk over, moving on now…
I had for breakfast what I think some of you refer to as “yoatgurt?”
I made oats using 1/3 cup oats, cinnamon, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water in the microwave and then cooled it a bit. I mixed the cooked oats with 1/2 cup of yogurt and topped with 1/2 of a banana, raspberries, and PB & Co.’s White Chocolate Wonderful.
It was a nice change!!! I find it to lay somewhere between normal oats and overnight oats, it’s a happy marriage of both, whatever you want to call it.
For lunch I had a salad that had:
- leftover taco seasoned ground turkey
- sour cream
It was delicious!
And I also had what I like to call “chocolate milk.” In a bowl, because it’s just more fun that way. Heh.
I put 1/2 cup milk, some Jay Robb chocolate protein powder, 1/2 of banana, ice, and 2 tsp or so of PB & Co.’s Dark Chocolate Dreams in the blender. Mmmmm… so. good!!!!
Are you a fan of protein powder? What brand would you recommend? And do you prefer whey, egg white, or other?
I had a snack of an apple with cinnamon and a drizzle of TJ’s salted almond butter.
And then dinner was “chik’n parmesan” that wasn’t actually chicken, we used the Quorn Chik’n patties instead.
Ironically, my mom and I planned this meal to fool my dad and not tell him that it wasn’t actually chicken (we are so bad) but then after his little declaration we told him the truth of what it is. His verdict? “Tastes just like chicken!” Haha..
The bottom of the bowl was linguine (this brand, which I LOVE), and then marinara sauce, the Chik’n, more sauce, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
YUM!!!! SO. GOOD. And so much better for you than normal chicken parmesan and pasta.
I then followed it up with 2 squares of dark chocolate that the gorgeous Freya sent me, 2 squares of Trader Joe’s milk chocolate, and a small bowl of Publix Thin Mint Fro-Yo. Yeah… I think my chocolate cravings have gone off the chain (haha does anyone say that anymore?) the last few days. I just can’t get enough!!!
Pasta + Chocolate + Wine = Perfection <- That’s my kind of math!
And with that, I bid you adieu! Nighty Night kids! As always, thank you for reading!!!