almond butter, Chick-Fil-A, chobani, Crofters, Dark Chocolate Dreams, greek yogurt, heidi, KERF, PB & Co., physical therapy, pubic ramus stress fracture, quorn, running injury, So Delicous, spiru-tein, survey, Target, the hills, trader joe's, Van's, whey protein powder, whipped banana oats
Good evening lovelies! How was your day? Anything exciting/interesting happening in your lives?
I had a pretty normal day today myself, just went to physical therapy and hit up Blockbuster. PT was pretty normal but we introduced more exercises, including lunges.. boo. I detest lunges. I can do squats all day but lunges? No thank you. It didn’t hurt my injury or anything, I just hate them. Bah. But they’re good for you, right? Also because of PT, i’m hitting up Target tomorrow for some new exercise outfits. My current ancient shorts and t-shirts are just not cutting it around the fine looking male athletes, nuff said… Don’t judge now, a girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do… 😉
I had oats (finally) again this morning! And it was an amazingly fantastic bowl, if I do say so myself. I have deemed this bowl Coconut-Raspberry Love. Because it truly is, love in a bowl. (Can I be any more corny?)
What happens with you combine coconut yogurt, almond butter, Crofter’s, and raspberries? Good things, my friends, good things.
This bowl contained:
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 of a banana
And then I topped it with the above toppings and it was GLORIOUS. Oh my. The flavors just went perfectly together!
I had lunch on the way to PT today and I also had to pack something to have afterwards. I first had a sandwich on the way there that had whole wheat bread, turkey, swiss cheese, and mustard.
Simple but delicious!
Please excuse the paper towel “plate”.. he..
After PT, I had this protein shake that had 3/4 cup milk, 1 banana, crushed ice, and a few tablespoons of this vanilla protein powder.
As much as I love chocolate, I’m thinking that I prefer vanilla protein powder over chocolate for shakes. The horror!
Honestly, this tasted like a banana milkshake! Yum..
I also had an apple with it.
Dinner was very simple but VERY good.
I tweeted earlier today that I was craving French Fries so I knew that I was going to have to incorporate that somehow. And then the thought of a Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich popped into my head and this creation came out..
That would be a Quorn Chik’N pattie on a whole wheat bun with ketchup and pickles.
It’s pathetic how much I could sit here and RAVE about this sandwich. It was AMAZING… I swear! The pickles totally made it!!!! What can I say, I’m a simple girl at heart!
Annnd some roasted broccoli and carrots. Seasoned the same way as the fries. I swear, garlic powder goes with anything…
I had this bowl of goodness for dessert..
It had yogurt, raspberries, strawberries, a crumbled Van’s waffle, plain peanut butter, and PB & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams.
I don’t think I need to tell you how good this was? Yeah, that’s what I thought. T’was yummy 🙂
Despite it’s deliciousness, I was still hungry afterwards so I had an apple and about 4 Hershey’s dark chocolate kisses, which are incredibly ADDICTIVE. You have been warned…
And now I am going to post this little survey about myself that I have seen a lot around the blog world, most recently on Brandi’s blog. I’m a sucker for random surveys but feel free to skip this if you are so inclined…
- Where would you be able to spend hours and be happy? Hmm… Whole Foods? Ha. Probably Barnes and Noble or a park on a nice sunny day
- What’s your favorite kind of doughnut? Plain cake donuts.. amazing.
- Do you have any tattoos or piercings? 2 piercings and 1 tattoo
- What is your favorite movie? P.S. I Love You, The Holiday, The Wedding Planner,
- Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone? my best friend
- Are you still friends with the people you knew in middle school or high school? yes! my best friend and I have known each other since we were 5 in nursery school!
- What is the last thing you ate? An apple. I’m exciting.. woo…
- What did you want to be when you grew up? a teacher
- Name three things that are close to you: camera, phone, ipod
- What was your best subject in school? English and History
- What is your favorite restaurant? right now, Carabba’s, The Best Italian, Wasabi
- Any hidden talents? not really? Most of my “talents” are pretty well-known
- What is your middle name? Leah
- What is your favorite website? my favorite blogs or Facebook (I’m duly ashamed of that)
- How old were you when you had your first kiss? 17, pathetic much?
- Chocolate or vanilla? chocolate
- What is your favorite girl’s name? Elizabeth or Allison
- Favorite store? Whole Foods for food, Forever21 for clothes
- Would you rather be a rock star or a famous athlete? athlete
- Favorite food? chocolate..ha and sweet potatoes, oatmeal, and did I mention chocolate?
- What are you wearing right now? pj’s
- What is your favorite animal? cats
- Did you graduate from college? not yet
- What does your last text message say? No problem!
- Do you have any nicknames? Jess
If you are still reading, I commend you. 🙂 In all seriousness, here are a few questions for YOU!:
- How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- What does your last text message say?
- Favorite restaurant?
I’m ashamed to say that I’m about to watch the Hills soley to check out how bad Heidi is currently looking post insane amount of plastic surgery. What was she thinking?!
“Any second could be THE second…”