Before I get back to normal blogging, I feel like I need to get to the heart of the matter of why I took a break from blogging. As I’ve explained in the last couple of posts, I’ve been MIA lately because of needing a break from blogging and because I have been, simply, busy. And it has been a good busy. Until the beginning of this week. And now I’m suddenly not busy anymore. And not by choice. There isn’t much of a way to sugar coat this… this summer started badly and has ended badly. Honestly, it’s probably been the worst summer of my life. And some of that is a result of bad decisions on my part.. and some things that were completely out of my control. I don’t understand things that have happened and why they have happened… and I’m honestly having a hard time getting through each day right now. I see no end in sight. Yet I know, it has to be there. It MUST go up from here. No, it hasn’t been ALL bad. I have gained so many new friends and learned so much about myself. But I’ve also lost people very dear to me because of things out of my control. Why do bad things happen to good people? I don’t know. I’m trying to trust that there is a reason for this and all that but honestly? I’m struggling. I’m trying to make it day by day and get my life back in order… get me back, well, me. Because folks, I have changed drastically this summer. Some for the better and some for the worse. And I think change is bound to happen when you go through the things that I have been through lately. You can’t go into a life-altering situation and come out on the other side the same. It just doesn’t work like that. I’m not sure where to go from here. I’m not sure which way is up. I don’t know where my fire for life went and I don’t know how to find it. I’m struggling with regret. I keep thinking if I hadn’t have done this or said this or met this person or went there when I did… then I wouldn’t be going through this. But here I am, what’s done is done… you can’t change the past. But things that I have learned this summer…
- Don’t give up yourself or your values. For anyone.
- If someone doesn’t like you for who you are, they’re not worth your time.
- You don’t appreciate what you have until you don’t have it anymore.
- Sometimes it takes a huge tragedy to wake you up.
- You’re only young once… you should make the most of it.
- I still have a lot of growing up to do.
- Follow your heart, but listen to your head.
- Life, and love, isn’t fair and isn’t always logical.
- There’s only so much you can do to help someone when they don’t want your help.
- People change, feelings change, circumstances change.
- Don’t assume there is always tomorrow… if you love someone, tell them today.
- There are no sure bets in life.
Bottom line, you never know what’s going to happen. You never know where life will take you. I never in a million years could have even begun to predict the things that have happened this summer. You just don’t know.
Bottom line… take nothing for granted. If life offers you a chance to have something beyond your wildest imaginations, take it. Whether it will be worth it in the end or not, you can’t know. But enjoy good things while they last, never take those you love for granted, and always follow your heart.
Enjoy the time you’re given with people you love, because you never know when you will have to say goodbye.