I don’t know about you but I’m still recovering from this past Thanksgiving holiday weekend…
- I feel bloated and sluggish and I’m ready to get back into eating healthy wholesome nutritious foods
- I haven’t exercised in 3 weeks or so. And I’m feeling it.
- I’ve also been sick for about 3 weeks and can’t seem to shake it.
- I got my car stuck in a ditch on the way to work Saturday morning. Late for work.
- And then proceeded to lock my keys in my car AT work Saturday night before I had to go back in. Late again.
- After working all weekend, I woke up Monday morning feeling like I ran a marathon and/or attended an intense body pump class.
- I had about a total of 4 hours of sleep last night. As a result, today was mildly interesting even though I’m so tired I can’t quite remember everything that happened..
HOWEVER, on the bright side…
- I saw the new Harry Potter movie Thanksgiving night and it was AMAZING. The best yet.
- I had an amazingly talented guy to bail me out of both aforementioned car situations with a huge truck and chain and a clothes hanger, respectively.
- Tomorrow is the first day of December. Thus, the official beginning of the Holiday season. Let the celebrating commence!
I don’t have too many pictures to share with you as I’ve been a naughty blogger of late. But nonetheless, here we go.
Baked oatmeal. A first for me.
But certainly not the last. It was AMAZING!!
Crispy on the top, creamy in the middle. Topped with blueberries and peanut butter. Perfection.
My mom made chicken and dumplings last night for dinner… not much to look at, but HOLY COMFORT FOOD.
We also decorated our Christmas tree tonight.
We went from this…
And THIS was enjoyed throughout.
As it’s cold and rainy here in the south, tonight called for another comfort meal… yet healthy!
Pinto bean “soup”
oven baked potatoes. With lots of ketchup.
Dessert was slightly indulgent, but so worth it.
Oh, I went there.
And slightly undercooked them. And topped with ice cream. And yes, it was amazing as it sounds.
And now, while I enjoy our Christmas tree while watching a favorite, P.S. I Love You (which never ceases to make me cry) i’ll leave you with an important question. A VERY important question. What kind of Christmas cookies should I make?!
I will now leave you with my favorite quote from the movie (and if you haven’t seen it, DO IT)…
“Dear Holly, I don’t have much time. I don’t mean literally, I mean you’re out buying ice cream and you’ll be home soon. But I have a feeling this is the last letter, because there is only one thing left to tell you. It isn’t to go down memory lane or make you buy a lamp, you can take care of yourself without any help from me. It’s to tell you how much you move me, how you changed me. You made me a man, by loving me Holly. And for that, I am eternally grateful… literally. If you can promise me anything, promise me that whenever you’re sad, or unsure, or you lose complete faith, that you’ll try to see yourself through my eyes. Thank you for the honor of being my wife. I’m a man with no regrets. How lucky am I. You made my life, Holly. But I’m just one chapter in yours. There’ll be more. I promise. So here it comes, the big one. Don’t be afraid to fall in love again. Watch out for that signal, when life as you know it ends. P.S. I will always love you..”